Bank holiday health services
Oakwood Lane Medical Practice would like to wish you all a ‘Merry Christmas’ or a ‘Happy holiday’ if you don’t celebrate Christmas.
The practice will be closed on Bank holidays during the festive period, but don’t worry the NHS is still here for you if you need it. This includes GP appointments and emergency care. The information below outlines when we are closed and where you can access help if required.
The practice will be closed:
- Sat 25 December
- Sun 26 Dec 2021
- Mon 27 Dec 2021
- Tue 28 Dec 2021
- Sat 01 Jan 2021
- Sun 02 Jan 2021
- Mon 03 Jan 2021
Please note our eConsult service will be switched off between:
- 12:00 on 24 December 2021 and 07:00 on 29 December 2021.
- 12:00 on 31 December 2021 and 07:00 on 04 January 2022
This means you will not be able to send any eConsults between the above dates and times.
Other services available when we are closed
If you need assistance during this time, you can access the following services
- For accidents, unexpected health concerns or general health queries (24 hours) – Call 111 or visit NHS 111 online
- For minor health concerns and medication queries – Use your local Pharmacy. Click here to find your local pharmacy and see their opening hours.
- Bookable GP services elsewhere – Call the practice and be diverted or call 111. The nearest locations are Rutland Lodge Medical Centre in Chapel Allerton or St George’s Urgent Treatment Centre in Middleton.
- For life threatening emergencies – Call 999
- If you think you have coronavirus – Isolate and get tested
- For Mental Health support – Access help here
For more information on the above click here
It can take up to 48 hours to process your repeat medication request so if you are due your medication over the bank holiday period, please remember to order it at least 2 working days in advance of the bank holiday.