Tired of waiting in long queues on the phone?
Cannot get down to the surgery in person?
Not a problem, we have the solution. Try our new online appointments. Click on the picture below to access eConsult. The online consultation platform designed by GPs for GPs
1. Click on the picture in our Home Page.
2. Complete the form.
3. The form is reviewed by the most appropriate person.
4. We will contact you with the next steps which could be to book an appointment if necessary.
If we receive your request by 12 pm you can expect a same-day response. If received after 12 pm, we get back to you by the end of the next working day.
Calling the Practice
- The receptionists have a limited number of appointments they can directly book. These are suitable for people who are able to wait for an available appointment over the coming days to weeks.
- If you need an appointment sooner the reception team will take your details and a doctor will ring you back to assess your needs. We would recommend you complete an online consultation form as the response is often much quicker and you do not have to wait in the queue on the phone or wait by the phone for a callback.
- We will aim to ring you back the same day.
- If you need a face to face appointment the Doctor will book you with the most suitable clinician at an agreed opportunity.
- That could be the same day or over the coming days and weeks, dependent on what is clinically appropriate.
- Sometimes the Doctor may be able to book you directly with a more suitable colleague like a nurse for blood tests, therapist or pharmacist.
Right to See a Practitioner of Your Choice
You have the right to see the Practitioner of your choice and you can book with him/her up to four weeks in advance. If you require a same-day appointment and your chosen practitioner is already fully booked you will be offered an appointment with another practitioner.
In a number of cases, it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. If you are more than 10 minutes late, the doctor/nurse may not see you.